Friday, April 11, 2008

International Artist magazine


So sorry for not posting in a long time! I have been so busy trying to run my new company, Big Lava Chop, Inc. It is a concept art company directly connected to video games. I plan to expand it further out into animation, architectural and industrial visual design. That's my plan, we'll see what the Big Boss in da sky does.

Anyways, the latest is that I got into the latest issue of Internationl Artist magazine: http://www.international-artist.com/

Also, my wife and I are also planning to drive out to Missoula, Montana because my painting got into the 17th annual OPA juried show. This is exciting as I never got into any juried exhibitions before. Thank you, Eric, for encouraging me to do this. Oh yeah, you too, Terry!

Do I deserve all this? Not at all, I'm just blessed. I have a very supportive wife who also is an artist. She's putting her art endeavors on hold because she is so dedicated in being with our children Kinda neat to see that dedication in her. As for me, trying to balance between the two different industries of art galleries and entertainment design is challenging. At this point, I am far behind in painting but I plan to get back on the canvas real soon. Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey donald~ congrats on the OPA thing! I wasn't paying attention and missed that deadline. May be next year~
And way to go on the magazine coverage, too. How did you manage that?

Sounds like you're wheels' a movin. Good luck with your new venture!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Terry. Man, I was hoping you'd be there so I can finally meet you. One day. Anyways, about that magazine article. It was good coverage but I don't even know why I was selected. I'm just staying focused on what you suggested in that I need to enter shows and join as many associations as possible. Which ones are you in besides OPA?

Christopher Thornock said...

Saw your page in the art rag. Nice! Although it said you were from Japan, I thought you were from Hawaii.

Unknown said...

Hey Chris, I was originally born in Japan but I grew up most of my younger years in Hawaii. Hey I love your studio! Thanks for sharing those pics!